If your company uses TeamViewer to support remote clients, you may wish to add the TeamViewer QuickJoin support tool into your Windows 10 Image. Including this tool in your image will remove the need for remote clients to download this from the TeamViewer website each time they need support. You can customise the QuickJoin tool where you can modify things like the Logo, Title, Description etc.
TeamViewer QuickJoin does not come with a bundled installer, it is simply a small executable. My aim was to add the TeamViewer quick support tool onto all laptops during build, the shortcut is then automatically placed in the Windows 10 start menu during imaging. The following is the process i followed to get this working.
Firstly, the end product
1. Customise your QuickJoin tool to your liking, and then download
Customisation of QuickJoin
2. The QuickJoin download will include your ID which links your customisations to your tool, do not edit the name of the executable. For example - TeamViewerQS_en-idcbydd25.exe (idcbydd25 is the ID that links to your customisations [example id])
3. Create a source folder for your SCCM software package. In it, place:
- QuickJoin executable.
- Create a shortcut for named "Support"
Target = "C:\ProgramData\TeamViewer\TeamViewerQS_en-idcbydd25.exe"
Path = "C:\ProgramData\TeamViewer"
- Create a simple batch/cmd file with this place the following, in this example i have called it copyTV.cmd.
4. You will want to adjust your Windows 10 customise start menu step to include the QuickSupport "Support" shortcut we created in the previous step. Open your W10 Start Menu XML and inject the below code to represent the shortcut placement (information on customising Windows start menu here
). The end result can be seen at the beginning of this post. Ensure you update your content containing your XML file to sync new changed to DP's.
If you would like my exact start menu layout, you can get the XML here.
5. Create an application package in SCCM, Set your content paths to the files we copied earlier, your installtion program to "copyTV.cmd" and your detection method to your executable in C:\ProgramData\TeamViewer
6. Distribute your content, then add a step within your OSD task sequence before your Start Menu customisation step.